Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hello World!

Hello World!
Its been some time.  Sometimes you get distracted with other "important" activities that you simply forget about things you did in the past. That is how it is with this blog.  I occasionally think-- wouldn't it be nice to put my words to my pseudo-online journal once again?? But then I don't.  The excuses and distractions are endless.  I am too busy.  I don't have anything interesting to say.  I have too much to say,  so where to start? Who would want to read this? Would I even want anyone to?
Back when I was more of a regular blogger, about 2 years ago, I had someone tell me a comment that I think was supposed to be helpful advice, but it ended up being discouraging. They asked me why not write about "more serious things" instead of "shallow girl things".  Such as- write about my faith or the news instead of my thoughts on my newest pair of shoes.  After that, every post I wrote I felt "shallow".  I now realize that I can't let that sort of thing get to me.  I will write about what I want to write about. If it doesn't interest you- the reader- then you do not need to read it.
So what DO I want to write about?
-  Things that have happened over the past 2 years that have shaped me and molded me.  a LOT has happened.  I believe that I am finally "growing up"- which is harder to do than I imagined
- Things that are currently happening--- hey just because I now am a "grown up", it doesn't mean that I have a boring life.  I am a strong single young 20-something living in the Portland metro area!
- Occasional "serious" thoughts on things
- More than occasional "fun (shallow)" thoughts on other things.  Clothing, food, decorating, trends
- Anything else on my mind or heart

So tune in... the first step is the hardest and here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment