Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life is Full of Change


The seeds of change are brewing in my life
Today I completed my final homework assignment, ever. Which is an absolutely crazy thought.  I simply need to finish my thesis (easier said than done) and I will be done with school. This should be around August, if all goes according to plan.

I applied for my first real job the other day.  I really felt good about it and I shall find out if I got it around Wednesday. Even if I do not get it, I will be in the work force soon enough, another crazy thought.  I have never had a real job.  I have had internships and worked at camp, but never something that provided an adequate income.  I have been blessed with the support of my parents, who are probably some of the most amazing people I know.  However, at 24, I am looking forward to being on my own.

I may be moving soon, depending on my job situation. Another possible change.

There always seems to be change in the friend department- I just met an amazing group of people at the recent bridge getaway.

I have been thinking a lot about a lot of deep spiritual issues, which is also good and bad.  There are so many things that are complicated and difficult to understand. The things that frustrate me the most are things that are essential in how you conduct your Christian walk, but various Christians disagree greatly on them. Pet peeve along these lines- I feel like some of my brothers and sisters have this feeling of spiritual superiority and think that there faith is "more developed", whatever that means. Yet they do not value the most important commandment to love.  God is a loving father to his children. Sometimes I think people forget this and see him as a scary God that you don't want to disappoint or else.  They forget the essential element of grace and focus on trying to be perfect, something they shall never achieve. Yes, we should avoid evil as much as possible. But be do not beat yourself up- there is no condemnation for those in Christ. I believe God honors our intentions and heart. 

Back to changes- I have been reading a lot more than in the past.

I eagerly await meeting (or realizing he is the one) the man that I (God willing) will marry one day

My personality has become very outgoing and I have become very comfortable in social situations

Changes that I do not like
feeling separated from my brothers and friends in Corvallis

grieving friendships lost in past- someone i came out of touch with recently defriended me on facebook, which was actually quite hurtful. These ex friendships really make me sad.  Some of these people I truly deeply miss.

people I love growing older

the continued rise of anti-christianism in world and widespread acceptance of sinful behavior, such as premarital sex

discovering that some people are not as pure as I thought they were

Life is Full of Change.. 
This is why I try to focus on the here and now... we do not know what the future holds. yes good things may be coming but so will bad.  
treasure the things you have now. treasure your grandparents, your relationships, the gift of education, the opportunities for witnessing that God provides, the joys of youth, the love, the joy of the Lord
pray for guidance, wise counsel, and keep in step with the Word




No comments:

Post a Comment