Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kate Stole My Moms Dress

The Duchess of Cambridge, aka Princess Catherine, aka Kate Middleton, stole my mom's wedding dress.

My Moms Dress


Kate wearing a very similar dress




I had the pleasure of watching the wedding with my cousin Sarah. She had taped it on several channels, served English breakfast treats, and displayed royal wedding decorations. We made our crowns and had a great time. However, when Kate walked out with her dress, Sarah and I looked at each other and said "Wow that looks like our moms' wedding dress"  (they shared a dress).  These days, long sleeve dresses are not very popular. Most girls wear strapless.  I imagine Kate wore this to be conservative. However, perhaps the long sleeve look shall be popular as a result of the wedding?

What do my aunt and mom think.
My aunt says "I would call it a classic wedding style and classic never really gets old. Today, strapless= comfort which I guess the Westminister Abbey doesn't allow. We still have it if anyone wants to borrow it! And now, everything that is old will be new again"

My mom is a bit more honest and comes clean with the truth "Okay, I guess I can come clean now. Kate's dress was no British couture piece. It was actually Oregon Beauty Salon 1980. Let's call it vintage. Kate had seen photos of Liz's and my dress and just had to have it. She tracked it down after reading my story of Melanie and me stuffing dollar bills into skater Michael Weiss's pants at Stars On Ice two years ago. Last month's trip to London and my royal fetish? Merely a cover for me to deliver the dress to Kate."




1 comment:

  1. haha. It looks a lot like my mom's too actually...which she still has. Which I may someday wear. Weird.

    ReplyDelete