Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Revolution

Yesterday I finished a very interesting book, Revolution.  I have always really loved to read, particularly novels. My favorite type of novels are hose which take place in either the past or future. I think I like to be transported outside of the world that I know to a far off place where anything is possible. Perhaps this is also why I like to travel as well. The unusual and different.

Revolution

Back to the book. Revolution is a combination of genres. The main character is a depressed teen girl named Andi whose brother recently died. She goes to Paris with her dad, a geneticist studying the heart believed to be that of Marie Antoinette's son. While her Dad is studying the heart, Andi finds an old diary, written by a servant of the same prince. The diary tells the story of how the servant tried rescuing the prince and switching him with the dead body of a different boy. I won't tell you how it ends and whether the heart was really the boys or not. I will tell you that time travel was involved.

Overall the book was pretty good. It took a while to get into, but it sped up once Andi found the diary. I found the girl in the diary's story to be more engaging than Andi's.  3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment