Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trend: Womens Oxford Shoes

Last week while browsing shoes I found these super cute oxford flats at Nordstrom, the "Bronx Heat of the Night Flat" ($69)
They are absolutely adorable. The toe area is leather and has this slightly distressed feeling, making them appear vintage. I've been wearing them with black jeans and my double breasted jacket I got in Madrid (Ill post a picture sometime when I find my camera). They also make my feet look tiny.

The online reviews say that they run a bit small but I actually found that they ran big on me.  I think that this is because of my high arched feet.  I usually can't wear ballet flats or any shoes open on the top of the foot because my feet need to be strapped in. The laces on these go far enough back that it is not a problem.

Vogue agrees with me. Read this article declaring women's oxfords as a trend of the season.

From Vogue.com


Here is their advice on how to wear them:
"1. “Putting flat lace-ups with a wide-leg trouser or jean is a very dated way to wear them,” says Jane Herman, Fashion Writer. “Instead, try a cropped pant.”
2. “This should not be a Wall Street look,” states Filipa Fino, Senior Accessories Editor. “Let the men wear them with suits. Women should wear them with feminine pieces.”
3. “Don’t match the colors of your shoe to your outfit,” suggests Izzie Burch, Fashion Assistant. “These are playful—do the unexpected.”
4. “Avoid socks!” says  Jill Demling, Entertainment Editor. “That’s my only rule!”"
You can find these shoes just about anywhere, including
1. Nordstroms (where I got mine. Below are some examples of other shoes they sell. They have a large collection, avaliable in stores or at Nordstrom Oxfords

Bronx Aiden Oxford 59.95

Paola Ferri '1549' Oxford  72.95
1.  Forever 21. Currently this is the only pair I could find
Oxford Lace-up, $22.80

2. Urban Outfitters: They had several options, but these were the most affordable




Do you have any womens oxfords? Would you buy them????

2 comments:

  1. Um, hi love. I'm so glad you have a blog. Now it's like I'm hanging out with you for a couple minutes when I read it.

    I have a pair of suede ones that I love. I wear them with everything - work appropriate but cute. Please let them never be unfashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah. Reminds me of our neopets days and making our guild.. Designing colors and stuff

    ReplyDelete