Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Workout

A week ago my friend Amy convinced me to join 24 hr fitness, the gym where she works. We have been working out several days a week together. Amy likes to do strength training, something I havnt done seriously since high school weight training class. The class I took with the football team. Therefore, Amy is my guide in this adventure. Perhaps this shall be a great thing- I can get stronger, burn tons of calories (weight training allegedly burns more than cardio), and get nice and toned for summer.
Last week we hit the gym, one day focusing on arms and the other focusing on legs. This past weekend I could barely walk stairs and stand up, due to my burning hamstrings.
Today we took it to the next level. Amy had gone to this crazy body burning class at 24 the week before and invited me to come with her. When we arrived, I was confronted with a room mostly full of youngish women, ready to tone up. This turned into the most intense workout of my life. For an hour straight we did repetition after repetition of lifts, squats, lungs, push ups, ect. I think we used almost every muscle in the body. I am afraid of how I will feel tommorow.
We decided to not go back to this class until next Friday, to give us some time to heal. I might go to Zumba on wednesday, however, which could be a whole another experience!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to have a workout buddy! We're gonna be ready for summer when it finally gets here :) Hope you are able to move today...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can move.. miraculously.. hopefully I stay good

    ReplyDelete